NAMI MARYLAND RESOURCE CENTER
Welcome to the NAMI Maryland resources page. Here you will find links to useful information on various mental health disorders, treatments, accessing benefits and more. Please click on the links in the sidebar for more information
NAMI Maryland Warmline
NAMI Maryland operates a toll-free warmline to provide information and resources to callers who ar seeking information about mental illness topics. We are not a crisis hotline nor do with offer direct services. We can assist with locating support groups and educaitonal programs, provide inforamtion on how to access the mental healht system and provide information about mental illness, education support and recovery.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not offer therapy, medical, legal advice or crisis services. We are unable to furnish referrals/specific names fo rindividual therapists, counselors, doctors, treatment centers, lawyers, etc.
Millions of people in the U.S. are affected by mental illness each year. It’s important to measure how common mental illness is, so we can understand its physical, social and financial impact — and so we can show that no one is alone. These numbers are also powerful tools for raising public awareness, stigma-busting and advocating for better health care.
Learn more and download these factsheets here.
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year
- 1 in 25 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year
- 1 in 6 U.S. youth aged 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among people aged 10-34